Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Maya the cat

At rest, and at rest again. This is how she spends most of her day, when she isn't building forts out of the area rugs or pretending that she doesn't want to be fed. I've read that cats need about 12 hours of sleep a day, so I suppose she's well within the normal range for her kind.




She moves a lot in her sleep. Sometimes when I'm working on a bigger drawing she curls up nearby, and the next thing I know there are curious sounds and rustling noises. I think she must be dreaming.

What she dreams of, I don't know. Can dreams only encompass things drawn from waking experience? If so, I suppose she dreams of swaying trees, small mammals, humans making human noises. If not, perhaps a palace on the Nile.

Truly cat oneirology is an underappreciated science. Underfunded too.

No comments:

Post a Comment