Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jess' Bee tattoo

I have a biologist friend who works on plant-insect interactions. A while ago she requested a design for a bee tattoo. I produced two options; a side view:


And also a top view:


I thought a biologist might like to be reminded of the inevitability of death, but apparently I was wrong about that. She did end up using the bee, though.

And because I like bees, I worked out a repeated ornamental design suitable for wallpaper or fabric. It would work nicely on a man's shirt.

4 comments:

  1. Mirza here. Lovely design, Romney. It would look fantastic on a tie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am looking for a sketch for a bee tattoo. Would you be interested in working with me on that? I ask because I love what you've done here.

    I'm at talkstosocks at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I wonder if it would be ok to use the lovely repeated design on some ATCs? My email is steffi dot kindle at gmail dot com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Design would look lovely on some ceramics?

    ReplyDelete